Search This Blog

Thursday, April 22, 2010

Easy to Make Crafts



I am not one to have a lot of Nick-Knacks around my house - mostly because I have a claustrophobic feeling when things get too cluttered. I am also not that crafty of a person but I do like them. I also like to decorate for different holidays. My biggest problem is that I really do not have big spaces to display big things. My daughter and I have a Vinyl Company but that doesn't mean that I display all of the things that we sell. I love the fact that we have so many choices (and will be adding more weekly) of the 6" tiles. I have decided that that is my way to decorate. I can have a stack of different tiles and only display one or two at a time and keep changing them as the season or my desire to change things up, occurs.

Here are a couple of examples of what I am talking about.







I store them in a cool place - stacked - for space. This way I can spice up my house and change it as desired.

The best thing about all of this is that they are so easy to make. You just need a 6" tile, (or any size really), and clean it. That is an important step. I wash it with dish soap and rinse well. Make sure it is completely dry. Then I carefully apply vinyl. For designs, ideas, and instructions, check out our website www.vinylgiftsandmore.com (Vinyl Gifts and More - see the button at the top of this page).

I like this size for gifts also as most people don't have room for large items and I think they would appreciate the idea of being able to change things as they desire. What a fun thing for grandchildren to give their grandmother...every holiday or special occasion they could give a different tile! Grandma can proudly display them and store them in a small area.

I don't know about you, but my mom is not huge on crafts around her house. I made her some of these tiles and she saw that this was the perfect craft for her. She also has been giving them away as gifts herself. She does not do any crafts so I make them for her but she loves to give them to people who do nice things for her. It is inexpensive and everyone seems to love them. It is a perfect little gift for everyone.

If you have a craft idea to share, let me know and we can post it!

No comments:

Post a Comment