Search This Blog

Saturday, April 17, 2010

I Love Genealogy

I have been researching my family (genealogy) since I was 11. I am now a grandma and it is still one of my favorite things to do. Unfortunately, I have not yet gotten any of my family out of the USA. I have a few of my husband's lines out but not mine. It is actually quite frustrating but that doesn't stop me.

Some of my favorite sites are: Ancestry.com, Cyndislist.com, and familysearch.org.

One of my families resided in Roanoke, Virginia. I have been so frustrated with my research in that area. I am about ready to hop a flight and check out the area first hand. For some reason, my family lived there for many years yet there seems to be nothing that proves it.

A couple of my husband's lines take us to Ireland. My husband wants to go to Ireland next year and do some research over there. I think he mostly wants to visit Ireland and the genealogy is secondary but that is okay with me. Has anyone ever done a research trip to Ireland? I would love to know more about it.

Diane

No comments:

Post a Comment