Search This Blog

Thursday, May 13, 2010

Great Site for Homeschooling Moms

When my children were young and in school, I got very frustrated with the educational program.  My kids would be at school all day then I'd have to "teach" them for hours in the evening just to keep up with where they should be in their grade.  It wasn't that the teachers weren't teaching it was more that my kids may not have been paying attention.  I know how hard it is for teachers.  They have way too many kids and so many different personalities to deal with.  I often felt like I would have had more time in both my day and the days of my children if I would have homeschooled them.  I didn't know anyone who homeschooled in those days (not to say they didn't, I just didn't know anyone that did).

My daughter-in-law is actually teaching her children from home.  I was a little concerned about it in the beginning, but as I learned what and how she is teaching, I see that her children are blessed to have such a wonderful experience.  She and her sister have co-authored a website called Layers of Learning. I am amazed at the wonderful teaching experiences those two girls come up with.  If you know someone who wishes to help their children/grandchildren with some fun education, check out this site.  They have so many hands on activities along with some very helpful instruction for the "teacher".  I think you will agree, this site is well worth your time.

No comments:

Post a Comment