Search This Blog

Sunday, May 9, 2010

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY

I want to wish all of you mothers out there a very happy Mother's Day!  I feel so blessed to be a mother.  I know that most all mothers feel that way.  My children are all grown and now we have the next generation of mothers in our family.  I am so proud of all of them.  They are all such good mothers and for that I am so grateful.  I also am most grateful for my wonderful mother.  She has dedicated her life to letting her children always know that we are loved.  I treasure all of the wonderful moments I have had with her (and hope to continue having). 

I do a lot of genealogy as I have mentioned many times before.  I do not know the women in my ancestry personally but I feel that I am getting to know them through the research I have done and am doing.  My heart aches when I see families where many children have passed on when young.  How absolutely devastating to lose a child let alone several.  I have never had to go through that pain for myself but both of my sisters-in-law each lost a child.  I thought my heart would burst with the pain I felt and I know it didn't even come close to the pain they felt.

As I research my maternal ancestors, I feel this connection and am grateful for their existence.  They had such courage to be living in the trying times that they did.  I read some of their histories and learn of their suffering and struggles.  Life was not easy or often, not kind, to them.  They didn't have the conveniences of today.  They weren't allowed to squander away their day reading a book or playing on the computer.  They had work to do...hard work!  I want so much for them to know how much I treasure everything I learn about them and from them. 

I have several granddaughters now (we started with mostly boys but thankfully, we now have quite a few girls).  I wish for them to know their heritage and hopefully from that they will glean words of wisdom and examples of strength and courage.  I hope they will be strong in their faith and leaders in their families.  That they will set good examples for their children and teach their children to be strong and courageous too.

On this day and all of the other days too, I wish all of you mom's - HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY.  For those not yet a mother, I want to thank you for the wonderful examples that you set for our children.  It takes more than a birth mom to be a good mother.  I want you to know how much I appreciate you also.  Thank you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment